Two ways to travel to the Hunter Valley by train:
- Cityrail service to Maitland or Morisset with connecting buses from each of these stations to Cessnock. From Cessnock it is 20 min (approx) taxi ride to your desired location in Wine Country.
- Countrylink express service (7 stops) from Sydney Central to Singleton Station.
Then, what is Hunter Valley famous for?
Why is the Hunter Valley so well known? Fact: The Hunter Valley is Australia's oldest and best known wine region with over 150 great wineries. Fact: The Hunter Valley wine region is renowned around the world for its award winning wines, produced here since the 1800s.
What can you do in the Hunter Valley if you don't drink?
Things to do in the Hunter Valley that don't involve wine
- Nothing is more wholesome (or delicious!) than picking your very own blueberries straight from the bush.
- Walk off a few of those calories in some of the most beautiful walking trails in Australia.
- Hire a bike from Grape Mobile and cruise the Hunter Valley in style!
What is there to do in Hunter Valley at night?
What to do in Hunter Valley at night?
- Sip on Countless wines at your Winery of choice! No trip to the Hunter Valley is complete without a visit to one of its glorious wineries.
- Taste a number of unique Brews.
- Thrill your Tastebuds at a number of Restaurants.
- Attend Hunter Valley Gardens Events.
- Enjoy Your Overnight Accommodation in Hunter Valley.
Is Hunter Valley worth visiting?
2. Re: Hunter Valley - worth the visit? the hunter has a great range of wineries ranging from small family boutiques to the larger corporate multinationals. the area itself is very scenic and december is a good time to go as all the vines are in full growth.
Is wine tasting free in Hunter Valley?
Wine Tours That means you are free to taste and not worry about limitations and responsibilities. We cannot recommend any tour companies but you can look at the Hunter Valley website for suggestions.
Is there Uber in the Hunter Valley?
Taxis and Uber Taxi: Taxis are readily available in the Hunter Valley, as well as at the airport and major train stations. Uber: You can call Uber if you are flying into Newcastle, and a driver will take you to the Hunter Valley for a cost of $100–$150.
How far is Sydney to Hunter Valley?
The distance between Sydney and Hunter valley is 122 km. The road distance is 161.7 km.
Is there a train from Sydney to Hunter Valley?
Getting to the Hunter Valley Central Coast & Newcastle Line train services run from Sydney's Central Station to Newcastle suburbs, and Hunter Line train services run between Newcastle and the Hunter Valley towns of Maitland and Singleton. The Hunter Valley is within the Opal network.
How long does it take to drive from Sydney to Hunter Valley?
The most direct drive north from Sydney takes around two hours via the M1 motorway, following the Cessnock/Hunter Valley Vineyards exit sign to Cessnock. For a scenic road trip, take the Calga exit for Tourist Drive 33 to historic Wollombi and then on to Pokolbin. This drive takes around 2hr 30min.
Can you fly to the Hunter Valley?
If you are travelling in style (or can afford to!), Cessnock Airport is the closest airport, based in the heart of Hunter Valley Wine Country. However it is accessible by private charter & helicopters only. For domestic flights, Newcastle Airport is approximately 45 minutes drive from Hunter Valley Wine Country.
How far is the Blue Mountains from Sydney?
The distance between Sydney and Blue Mountains is 83 km. The road distance is 113.7 km.
How far is Hunter Valley from Brisbane?
The distance between Brisbane and Hunter valley is 613 km. The road distance is 804.7 km.
How far is Hunter Valley from Canberra?
The distance between Canberra and Hunter valley is 344 km. The road distance is 424.9 km.
How far is Pokolbin from Sydney?
How far is Newcastle from Hunter Valley?
How do I get from Sydney to Pokolbin?
There is no direct connection from Sydney to Pokolbin. However, you can take the train to Awaba Station then take the taxi to Pokolbin. Alternatively, you can take a vehicle from Sydney to Pokolbin via Morisset Station, Morisset Station, Stand C, and Vincent St At Edward St in around 4h 9m.
How do you get to Cessnock?
There are 5 ways to get from Sydney to Cessnock by train, bus, car or plane
- Take the train from Central Station to Morisset Station Ccn.
- Take the bus from Morisset Station, Stand C to Vincent St At Edward St 163.
How do I get from Newcastle to Hunter Valley?
There is no direct connection from Newcastle to Hunter valley. However, you can take the train to Telarah Station then take the taxi to Hunter valley. Alternatively, you can take the taxi to Hunter valley.
How do I get from Newcastle Airport to Hunter Valley?
There are 7 ways to get from Newcastle Airport (NTL) to Hunter Valley wine by bus, train, taxi, car or towncar
- Take the bus from Newcastle Airport to Maitland Rd Opp Beaumont St 130 /
- Take the train from Hamilton Station to Branxton Station Hun.
What is the best time to visit Hunter Valley?
Autumn (March to May) is the best season to visit the Hunter Valley as the temperatures are pleasant with minimal rain. After harvest, hotels are cheaper as there are fewer visitors.
Is Cessnock lower or upper Hunter?
See more about the Hunter Valley Wine Region. The map shows Upper and Lower Hunter as well as Newcastle, Port Stephens, Cessnock, Maitland, Branxton, Singleton, Muswellbrook, Scone, Wollemi National Park and the Barrington Tops National Park.
What wine is Australia famous for?
Australia's most famous wine is Penfolds Grange. The great 1955 vintage was submitted to competitions beginning in 1962 and over the years has won more than 50 gold medals. The vintage of 1971 won first prize in Syrah/Shiraz at the Wine Olympics in Paris.
hunter, sydney, cessnock, newcastle, pokolbin, wineries, drive, wine, australia, oldest